10 posts tagged mid century
We’ve been so busy settling into our new apartment, but we wanted to share some photos of how we decorated it for Christmas! I got on a bit of a snowflake cutting kick and nearly turned into Buddy the Elf! Most of the decorations were inspired by Pinterest and can be found on this pinboard! Wishing everyone a very Merry Christmas & a Happy New Year!!!
Want to add some pizazz to your home? Try adding a bold mirror! An interesting mirror will add tons of character to your room and visually expand your space. Placing mirrors correctly in your home can add a few feet to any room, no architect required!
When at flea markets and estate sales, we always look for mirrors; sometimes you can find a banged up mirror for a steal! A quick coat of paint will mask any imperfections the mirror may have and instantly reinvigorate it! When choosing a paint color for your new mirror, be adventurous! Painting a mirror a bright color is a fast and easy way to add a punch of color to your decor.
For the links to these great mirrors, click here!
For more info on decorating with mirrors, check out these links!
Also, we’re big believers in considering Feng Shui when decorating your home! Check out this great resource to learn about the basic DO’s and DON’Ts of Feng Shui mirror placement!
Forever and ever we’ve been obsessed with vintage Mexican jewelry. These unique pieces are the perfect addition to any outfit! One of our favorite ways to wear these statement pieces is with a simple t-shirt and your favorite pair of jeans! Enjoy!
While working on this post, we came across an amazing jewelry website! Boobearsbaubles Take a look to discover some more incredible vintage jewelry!
Summer is officially here!! Since we will all be spending more time outside rather than inside, we decided to put together some stylish outdoor rooms for you!! Enjoy!
- Top Left: 9’ Round Sunbrella® Marine Umbrella Cover
- Top Right: Industrial Wrought Iron Metal Wood Table
- Bottom Left: Knotted Melati Hanging Chair
- Bottom Middle: Anthropologie Garden Glimpse Vases
- Bottom Right: Overdyed Terai Chair, Purple
- Top Left: Very Ornate Large Vintage Wrought Iron Garden Urn
- Middle Left:Beautiful Vintage Brevettato Italy Wooden Bocce Balls
- Bottom Left: verge dining table - greywashed
- Top Right: Cool Fiberglass Wicker Patio Chair Mid-century Hollywood Regency
- Bottom Right: Vintage wrought iron garden chairs set of six swirl pattern
- Top:Set of FOUR THINLINE Mid Century Danish Eames Patio Dining Chairs
- Bottom Left: the conran shop - round saarinen table 54”
- Bottom Right: Solas Votive
- Top Left: Rustic Industrial Reclaimed Wood Wrought Iron Dining Table
- Bottom Left: Zephyrine Mobile, Blue
- Top Right: Naida Chair
- Bottom Right: Four Eames “Eiffel Tower Base” Dining Chairs
- Left: Clear Lucite Transparent wooden dowel eiffel pyramid dining chair
- Top Right:Retro Eames Era Turquoise Aqua Planter
- Middle Right: Large Dining Table 87” Bleached Pine reclaimed wood
- Bottom Right: Tayrona Hammock
If you want to achieve the Hollywood Regency feel in your home, simply add touches of gold! Below, we’ve posted some pictures of how we’ve incorporated gold in our home!
Want to add some gold to your home? Here’s an incredibly simple and inexpensive way! All you need is a roll of gold duck tape, a ruler, a level if you’re running your stripes horizontally or a plumb-bob (a long piece of string, the height of the wall, with a pushpin attached to one end and a washer attached to the other) if you’re running your stripes vertically.
- Determine which way you want to run your stripes.
- Determine the space you want to leave in between each stripe
- Start taping! Use your level or plumb-bob to make sure your lines are straight!
We love the idea of putting these in a closet, on the back wall of a book shelve, on the ceiling or even on the floor! The possibilities are endless!
Also, think outside the box! You can make all sorts of patterns! Chevron, lattice work, diagonal stripes, etc! Adding these stripes to your home will surely transform your space from bland to glam!
Have fun! and TGIF!!!
- Left: Crate Storage Bookshelf bookcase
- Top Right: STRÅLA - Hanging decoration, red, white twig
- Middle Right: coup clover 23”x11” pillow
- Bottom Right: Vintage BRASS Elephant Bookends/Doorstop
Are you decorating on a budget? If so, this is the post for you! You absolutely do not have to pay a ton of $$$ to achieve the vintage style you desire! Take a look at the vintage/vintage inspired items we’ve picked out for you! The best part, each item is under $100!!
- Top Left: MASKROS - Pendant lamp
- Bottom Left: Brimfield Bookcase
- Top RIght: Fleece Flounce Pillow, Pink
- Bottom Right: HÖGSTEN - Armchair, white
- Top Left:Low Butler Tray Stand
- Top Right:Tie-Dyed Bird Tapestry
- Bottom: VINTAGE HOLLYWOOD REGENCY GREEN BENCH /BRASS LEGS NICE
- Top Left: TRÅDIG Bowl, red
- Bottom Left: TOBIAS Chair, gray, chrome plated
- Top Right: bruno task lamp
- Bottom Right: White Wood Stool Side Table
- Top Left: EXPEDIT Shelving unit, black-brown
- Bottom Left: White Low Table Modern Eames
- Top Right: Modular Fish Hotel
- Bottom Right: Stackable Chair
- Top Left:IKEA 365+ LUNTA Pendant lamp, glass, white
- Top Right: harvey carbon nightstand
- Bottom: AMMERÖ Chaise, dark brown, beige
The best bargains are usually found at estate/tag sales, thrift stores, flea markets, eBay (obvi) and Craigslist! Remember, always look past the initial state of the item. A quick coat of paint/varnish can transform an ordinary item into a vintage treasure!
Have a great week everyone!
Hey guys! This blog is for you too!!
Recently, I accompanied my boyfriend to buy a tie. I couldn’t believe how boring and how expensive the ties were! Naturally, I decided to scope out the tie situation on eBay. As predicted, there were thousands of amazing vintage ties available for great prices!
Check out some of the ties we picked out for you!!
p.s. Father’s Day is rapidly approaching! A vintage tie is a perfect gift for dad :)
vintage mens tie silk $9.60
Christian Lacroix Tie $59.50 or best offer
Vintage ART DECO Neck Tie $11.99
CHRISTIAN DIOR Blue Stars Lime Green RARE Tie $82 or best offer
Wanna take a look for yourself? On eBay, search keywords: Tie, Vintage, Art Deco, Mid Century, Silk, Italian, French or type in a Designer’s name (YSL, Dior, Hermes…)
How do you expect to get anything done without a desk?! A desk is a must in every home because it provides us with a place to work and doubles as a storage unit for all the mashugana in our lives!
Check out some of the desks RV picked out for you! Enjoy!
p.s RV is going to show you how to decorate your desk in a few days! Get excited :)
Is your home lacking character? Try adding a unique piece of pottery! Incorporating one of these pieces in your space will instantly make it a more interesting place! We always suggest that you pick something you love, even if it is a little out there. To us, good design always has a touch of humor in it!
This post was inspired by Pablo Picasso’s pottery which you can actually buy on eBay (see below). Not ready to drop 7K on an ashtray?? Don’t worry, there are plenty of options which will allow you to achieve the same designer look for less! Enjoy!
- Top Left: Large Rare Figurative Gambone Centerpiece
- Bottom Left: RARE Gustavsberg Pottery Mid Century Cat
- Top Right: VINTAGE RAYMOR MID CENTURY ITALIAN CERAMIC POTTERY BULL
- Bottom Right: Vallauris Grandjean Jourdan Vase
- Top: 1952 PABLO PICASSO BIRD WITH WORM CERAMIC POTTERY ASH-TRAY
- Bottom: VTG PROFESSOR E PATTARINO ART POTTERY
- Top Left: Mid century modern DOG ashtray bowl
- Middle Left: VINTAGE 70S 80S BELLINI ITALIAN POTTERY HIPPO
- Bottom Left: Sargadelos Porcelain Brown Foxy
- Right: ABSTRACT MID CENTURY MODERNIST SCULPTURE *SARGADELOS*
- Top Left: DRAMATIC SCULPTURED MODERNIST STUDIO ART POTTERY PITCHER
- Bottom Left: MODERN EILEEN GOLDENBERG STUDIO ART POTTERY
- Top Right: Vintage Bitossi Floral Black & White Vase. Italy. Circa 1960’s.
- Bottom Right: Vintage Salt Pepper Mr Mrs Bennington Potters Pottery
- Top Left: Vintage Abstract Artistic Pitcher
- Bottom Left: Aboriginal Style Studio Art Pottery Bowl
- Right: HAND MADE VINTAGE CERAMIC BLUE VASE
- Top Left: American Modern Hand Made Green Dragon Planter/Vase/Pot
- Top Right: STUNNING NORWAY MODERNIST CERAMIC LARGE PLATE
- Bottom Left: ITALY Art Pottery ceramic vase Fantoni Gambone Ponti Era
- Bottom Middle: SUPERB ENAMEL ASHTRAY c1890 FRANCE
- Bottom Right: MidCentury ITALIAN RAYMOR FOOTED ASHTRAY ITALY
Now that you have your bar, you need to accessorize it!!! Check out some of the vintage/vintage inspired bars RV put together for you!
Enjoy your Saturday loves!!
- Mid Century Modern Glass Chrome Bar
- Vintage Metallic Ice Bucket
- Coin Dot Drinking Glasses set of 4
- Fornasetti large “Themes & Variations” 16”round tray
- Anthropologie - Aldo Pitcher
- Art Deco Mid Century Modern Wood Serving Bar
- Vintage Glass Ice Bucket Red w/ Gold
- EAMES ERA FRED PRESS BAR GLASSWARE!
- VINTAGE MID CENTURY 60’s RETRO HOLLYWOOD REGENCY BAR TRAY
- VINTAGE RETRO BLACK GLASS COCKTAIL PITCHER WITH GOLD SQUARES
- MID CENTURY DANISH BAR
- Tangerina Ice Bucket
- Jonathan Adler - Bargello Monogrammed Initials Tray
- 3 Vintage TIARA INDIANA Smokey Blue Thumbprint Glasses
- Vintage West Bend Solid Copper Beer Pitcher
- MID CENTURY MODERN UTILITY CART
- Vintage 1970 USS Gilbey’s Diver’s Helmet Ice Bucket
- Vintage 30s/40s 4-SCOTTIE DOG Coasters
- Vintage VAT 69 Scotch Whisky Tin Pub Serving Tray
- ITALIAN GLASS 7 PIECE DECANTER SET w/ SHOT GLASSES AMBER
- GREAT ROLLING LUCITE CART MID-CENTURY MODERN
- Vintage Mid-Century Black, Gold, and White Tray
- Vintage Art Deco Chrome Pitcher
- Anthropologie - Wavering Glass
- vintage blue silver plate Wedgwood ice bucket