8 posts tagged antique
We went antiquing in Hudson, NY today, about 2hrs from NYC. This picture was taken at an antique shop on Warren street. Love the reclaimed floors, the window, and the light in this room!
Want to add some pizazz to your home? Try adding a bold mirror! An interesting mirror will add tons of character to your room and visually expand your space. Placing mirrors correctly in your home can add a few feet to any room, no architect required!
When at flea markets and estate sales, we always look for mirrors; sometimes you can find a banged up mirror for a steal! A quick coat of paint will mask any imperfections the mirror may have and instantly reinvigorate it! When choosing a paint color for your new mirror, be adventurous! Painting a mirror a bright color is a fast and easy way to add a punch of color to your decor.
For the links to these great mirrors, click here!
For more info on decorating with mirrors, check out these links!
Also, we’re big believers in considering Feng Shui when decorating your home! Check out this great resource to learn about the basic DO’s and DON’Ts of Feng Shui mirror placement!
Forever and ever we’ve been obsessed with vintage Mexican jewelry. These unique pieces are the perfect addition to any outfit! One of our favorite ways to wear these statement pieces is with a simple t-shirt and your favorite pair of jeans! Enjoy!
While working on this post, we came across an amazing jewelry website! Boobearsbaubles Take a look to discover some more incredible vintage jewelry!
When decorating your home, don’t neglect your outdoor living area! It’s just as important to make your outdoor space as unique as your indoor space!
Don’t know where to begin? Take a look at these great garden motifs we’ve put together for you!
Also, scroll to the bottom for an incredibly easy and inexpensive DIY that will spruce up any outdoor room!!
- Top Left: VINTAGE SUNDIAL
- Bottom Left: 66” MED. Wrought Iron Sq. Bottom Sundial
- Top Right: Classic French Victorian Garden Fountain
- Bottom Right: Antique English Cast Stone Garden Statues
- Top Left: ANTIQUE COLORED GLASS LANTERNS
- Bottom Left: Antique Victorian wrought iron fencing
- Top Right: HUGE Vintage Boy Girl Cement Garden Statue
- Bottom Right: Antique Victorian wrought iron fencing
- Top Left: Vtg DECORATIVE BLACK Metal HANGING CANDLE LANTERNS
- Bottom Left: ANTIQUE THREE TIER ROUND FRENCH WIRE PLANTER
- Top Right:Antique Italian Ceramic Pottery Garden Wall Fountain
- Bottom Right: SMALL SUNDIAL ANTIQUE EUROPEAN PORCELAIN DISH
- Top Left: Antique French Gothic Wrought Iron Stained Glass Lantern
- Bottom Left: Beautiful Set of French Antique Wire Garden Furniture
- Top Right: FABULOUS vintage CHERUB
- Bottom Right: BIG OLE SCREECH OWL VINTAGE CEMENT
- Top Left: Antique Light Fixture Chandelier Bird Cage
- Bottom Left: Antique Victorian Cast Aluminum Garden PLANT STAND
- Top Right: VTG LARGE MID CENTURY MODERN PLANT STAND
- Bottom Right: Pair of Cast Iron Lion Guardians
- Top Left: Vintage Han-D Sprinkl’ Can watering can
- Bottom Left: GARDEN CAST IRON LIFE SIZE SQUIRREL
- Top Right: ANTIQUE PIG COPPER WEATHERVANE
- Bottom Right: ANTIQUE CREAM GARDEN ARCH
RUSTIC POTTING SHED:
- Left: EIGHT antique victorian-english-french HANDMADE POTS
- Top Right: ANTIQUE ART DECO copper watering can
- Bottom Right:Antique Vintage Potting Bench
We found this beat up plant stand for $35 dollars!! We saw its potential, and decided to give it a face lift with a coat of blue spray paint! Check out the dramatic transformation below!
This incredibly funky outdoor piece can also be brought indoors to add a pop of color to any room!
Decorating a room can be a daunting task. A great way to start is by picking out a rug you love. The rug will set the tone of the room, and in the words of the Dude, really tie the room together! Enjoy the rugs RV picked out for you!
- Top Left:50s 60s 70s mid century danish eames era rug
- Bottom Left:Wonderful VIntage Ege Taepper Danish Shag Rug
- Right: German op art colani midcentury eames era 70s rug
- Top Left: Moroccan Carpets, 100% Wool & Handmade Berber Beni Rug
- Top Right: Sellarsbrook Yellow
- Bottom: THE CHESTER SOFA
- Top Left: Kubik Rug
- Top Right: Area rug large modern contemporary design
- Bottom: Vtg Mid Century Modern Vladimir Kagan Style Chair eames era
- Top Left: TONY DUQUETTE 3 TIERED BANQUETTE SOFA
- Top Right: Rory Rug
- Bottom: PAIR GLAM FRENCH DIRECTOIRE PAINTED REGENCY STYLE CHAIRS
If you want to achieve the Hollywood Regency feel in your home, simply add touches of gold! Below, we’ve posted some pictures of how we’ve incorporated gold in our home!
Want to add some gold to your home? Here’s an incredibly simple and inexpensive way! All you need is a roll of gold duck tape, a ruler, a level if you’re running your stripes horizontally or a plumb-bob (a long piece of string, the height of the wall, with a pushpin attached to one end and a washer attached to the other) if you’re running your stripes vertically.
- Determine which way you want to run your stripes.
- Determine the space you want to leave in between each stripe
- Start taping! Use your level or plumb-bob to make sure your lines are straight!
We love the idea of putting these in a closet, on the back wall of a book shelve, on the ceiling or even on the floor! The possibilities are endless!
Also, think outside the box! You can make all sorts of patterns! Chevron, lattice work, diagonal stripes, etc! Adding these stripes to your home will surely transform your space from bland to glam!
Have fun! and TGIF!!!
- Left: Crate Storage Bookshelf bookcase
- Top Right: STRÅLA - Hanging decoration, red, white twig
- Middle Right: coup clover 23”x11” pillow
- Bottom Right: Vintage BRASS Elephant Bookends/Doorstop
Are you decorating on a budget? If so, this is the post for you! You absolutely do not have to pay a ton of $$$ to achieve the vintage style you desire! Take a look at the vintage/vintage inspired items we’ve picked out for you! The best part, each item is under $100!!
- Top Left: MASKROS - Pendant lamp
- Bottom Left: Brimfield Bookcase
- Top RIght: Fleece Flounce Pillow, Pink
- Bottom Right: HÖGSTEN - Armchair, white
- Top Left:Low Butler Tray Stand
- Top Right:Tie-Dyed Bird Tapestry
- Bottom: VINTAGE HOLLYWOOD REGENCY GREEN BENCH /BRASS LEGS NICE
- Top Left: TRÅDIG Bowl, red
- Bottom Left: TOBIAS Chair, gray, chrome plated
- Top Right: bruno task lamp
- Bottom Right: White Wood Stool Side Table
- Top Left: EXPEDIT Shelving unit, black-brown
- Bottom Left: White Low Table Modern Eames
- Top Right: Modular Fish Hotel
- Bottom Right: Stackable Chair
- Top Left:IKEA 365+ LUNTA Pendant lamp, glass, white
- Top Right: harvey carbon nightstand
- Bottom: AMMERÖ Chaise, dark brown, beige
The best bargains are usually found at estate/tag sales, thrift stores, flea markets, eBay (obvi) and Craigslist! Remember, always look past the initial state of the item. A quick coat of paint/varnish can transform an ordinary item into a vintage treasure!
Have a great week everyone!
- Top: Antique vintage French hemp/linen sheet monogramm red MB
- Bottom Left: Italian Campaign Canopy Bed
- Bottom Right: Fleece Flounce Throw
It’s Monday already??? Woof!! All I want to do is crawl back in bed!
Well, if we can’t go back to bed, at least we can dream about it! Enjoy some of these fabulous vintage/vintage inspired beds we’ve put together for you! Have a great week everyone!
- Top Left: paisley collection bedding - blue
- Top Right: Hermes Avalon Blanket, Royal Blue, Limited Edition
- Bottom: CASSIA MODERN Queen platform BED contemporary WHITE
- Left: Eloquence Sophia French Bed Antique Reproduction Louis XV Tufted
- Top Right: Jasper Monogram Sheet Set
- Bottom Right: antique French white cotton crochet lace small bed cover
- Top Left: MID CENTURY SOLID BRASS KING SIZE HEADBOARD
- Bottom Left: DESIGNERS GUILD APPLIQUED SHEET & 4 PILLOW CASES
- Top Right: Home Cushion Pillow Cover Designers Guild
- Bottom Right: Unique Mid-Century Modern Bent Teak Plywood Folding Bed Tray
- Top Left:1880’S CASHMERE WOOL PAISLEY SHAWL BLANKET
- Top Right: VINTAGE FRENCH BED SHEET1900 LINEN EXCELLENT CONDITION
- Bottom: Elegant French Louis XV Patined Walnut Full Bed
Bottom: pure FSC inhale bed - oat/taupe
- Top Left: PB Organic 400-Thread-Count Sheet Set
- Top Right: ANTHROPOLOGIE FLYING CRANES Queen DUVET COVER
- Bottom: Temahome queen float bed in walnut
- Top Left: Vintage 80s HUDSON’S BAY Wool 4 POINT Striped BLANKET
- Bottom Left: dwellstudio masala citrine sheet set
- Top Right: Floral tray, link has been lost :(
- Bottom Right: ANTIQUE IRON BED - Full Size