4 posts tagged Free People
I’m sorry skinny jeans, we’re giving you the boot! Seriously, how have we let this unflattering trend continue for so long! If your legs aren’t as long as a giraffe, and your tush isn’t as tight as the girls on the USA Olympic gymnastics team, then this cut of pants probably isn’t for you!
Yet, we’re all wearing them! If anyone can honestly say they’ve had an enjoyable experience trying on these sausage casing like pants without breaking a sweat and/or crashing into a wall, then you let us know!
So let’s put an end to this trend! Bell bottom and boot cut pants are probably the most flattering style on everyone! They’re also the perfect way to add a vintage flare to any outfit!!
Here are some of our favorites for FW2012! Wear them with a cute pair of booties and you’ll be set for fall! Find all the links here!
When we think of summer, a few things come to mind, beaches, pools, bonfires and weddings! In true RV style, we’ve put together a few outfits for these occasions mixing vintage pieces with contemporary items!
Have a great weekend everyone!
- Caspian paisley bandeau tank
- K. Jacques pour opening ceremony
- Big round crystal pearl white authentic 70s vintage quality Sunglasses
- Vintage 1970’s MOD Yellow orange plastic cage purse
- BURNOUT VELVET SILK KIMONO Jacket Fringe Floral
- Two-tone straw hat
- Vtg 70s White Crochet Lace Cut Out Maxi Dress
- Zimmerman Devoted floral-print swimsuit
- VINTAGE EMERALD VALLEY TURQUOSE SQUASH BLOSSOM NECKLACE
- VINTAGE ART DECO c.1950s A*D ‘AMERIKANER’ ENGRAVED ROLLED GOLD CUFF
- Wonderful antique real CELLULOID sunglasses ca 1920/30
- COACH Charla High Wedge with Ankle Strap
- vintage 70s kelly green DRAPED wrap goddess Maxi Dress
- Vintage Swarovski earrings dangle swan logo
- Kate Spade desert stone bangle
- DIANE von FURSTENBERG Clutch - Harper Envelope
- Alice + Olivia Juliet Criss-Cross Floral-Print Patent Leather Wedge Sandals
Just like vintage shoes, see previous post, vintage swimsuits are another item I would not recommend buying used.
Luckily, there are tons of retro swimsuits which will allow you to achieve the vintage look you crave! Check out some of the suits RV picked out for you!
Have a great long weekend everyone!!
Just like used panties, cosmetics and jock straps, vintage shoes are something I wouldn’t recommend buying on eBay. Now I’m not just saying this because I want to keep my job as a shoe designer, but because I don’t think anyone wants to wear a stranger’s stinky, sweaty, crusty old shoes.
The good news is, you can still achieve the vintage look you crave, without having to step foot in a used pair. Here are some of my favorite picks for SS (Spring Summer) 2012.