3 posts tagged 1950s
If you want to achieve the Hollywood Regency feel in your home, simply add touches of gold! Below, we’ve posted some pictures of how we’ve incorporated gold in our home!
Want to add some gold to your home? Here’s an incredibly simple and inexpensive way! All you need is a roll of gold duck tape, a ruler, a level if you’re running your stripes horizontally or a plumb-bob (a long piece of string, the height of the wall, with a pushpin attached to one end and a washer attached to the other) if you’re running your stripes vertically.
- Determine which way you want to run your stripes.
- Determine the space you want to leave in between each stripe
- Start taping! Use your level or plumb-bob to make sure your lines are straight!
We love the idea of putting these in a closet, on the back wall of a book shelve, on the ceiling or even on the floor! The possibilities are endless!
Also, think outside the box! You can make all sorts of patterns! Chevron, lattice work, diagonal stripes, etc! Adding these stripes to your home will surely transform your space from bland to glam!
Have fun! and TGIF!!!
Decorating your desk is wayyy more fun than working at it! Check out how RV has accessorized the desks below! We hope some of these items help to liven up your work space!! Enjoy!
- Top Left: Mid Century Table Lamp Desk Light Eames 50s 60s
- Middle Left: VINTAGE DACHSHUND DOG PORCELAIN DESK FIGURE PAPER WEIGHT
- Bottom Left: Mid-Century Danish Modern Teak Locking Desk
- Top Right: RARE VINTAGE CANETTI MODERNTIME DESK CLOCK
- Bottom Right: VINTAGE KNOLL BERTOIA BLACK WIRE CHAIR
- Top Left: Brennan British Guided Torpedo Desk Wood Model Large FS
- Middle Left: BEAUTIFUL UFO DESK TOP LAMP * WOOD & BRASS *
- Bottom Left: Mid-Century VANLEIGH Campaign Desk
- Top Right:c.1920’s ANTIQUE PRE-WAR SIEMENS ENAMEL LOGO DESK FAN
- Bottom Right: 2 chrome faux bamboo campaign mid century arm chairs
- Top Left: Knoll RISOM Side Chair
- Top Middle: Vintage Brass Bamboo Desk Pencil Pen Holder
- Top Right: Vintage DUGENA made in Germany desk clock
- Bottom Left: 4ft Vintage Danish Teak Desk Panel Legs
- Bottom Right: STILNOVO Italian modernist aluminum Sarfatti desk lamp
- Top Left: 3 Piece ICHENDORF MILANO Glass Desk Set
- Bottom Left: TRANSPARENT GHOST ACRYLIC CHAIR
- Top Right: ANTIQUE POLAR CUB TYPE H 11” FAN
- Middle Right: Vintage 45’s Record Holder UNIQUE GREAT DESK MAIL organiser
- Bottom Right: Mid Century Modern Desk 50s Painted White
- Top Left: Vintage Italian Pink & Gold Swan Paper Weight
- Bottom Left: vintage Sligh campaign mid century writing desk
- Top Right: Antique Art Nouveau Silver Plate Figural Desk Set Inkwell
- Bottom Right: MAX PEARSON for KNOLL Desk Chair
- Top Left:ANTIQUE NATIVE AMERICAN CAST IRON LETTER PAPER CLIP HOLDER
- Top Middle: Art Deco Philips DESK FAN
- Top Right: Vintage Red Kevi Desk Chair
- Bottom Left: MID CENTURY MODERN 1950’s IRON HAIRPIN DESK
- Bottom Right: Vintage 1920’s/1930’s Desk Calendar
- Top Left: Hokanson-Dix Glass Beehive Saturn Vase
- Top Middle: VINTAGE BRASS ANGELUS ALARM DESK CLOCK
- Top Right: Red Enameled Adjustable Arm Desk Lamp
- Bottom Left: FABULOUS SIGNED OMANN JUN DANISH MODERN TEAK DESK
- Bottom Right: VINTAGE GUNLOCKE CHAIR DANISH MODERN MID CENTURY
- Top Left: Vintage Swingin’ 70s Pencil Holder / Desk Organizer
- Bottom Left: Vtg Red REMINGTON STARFIRE TYPEWRITER
- Top Right: Original 1970s BRAUN HL1 DESK FAN
- Middle Right: Vintage, Leave It To Me Brass Note Holder or Desk Accessories
- Bottom Right: Vintage Telephone Two Tone Brown / White Touch Tone
- We also love this lamp for any desk! Stilux Italy desk lamp
How do you expect to get anything done without a desk?! A desk is a must in every home because it provides us with a place to work and doubles as a storage unit for all the mashugana in our lives!
Check out some of the desks RV picked out for you! Enjoy!
p.s RV is going to show you how to decorate your desk in a few days! Get excited :)